[PC] FIX for Walker and Playpen Reset Bug - V2 by Nona Mena
This mod provides a fix for the bug affecting the Walker and Playpen premium content objects from the Sims 3 Store. Since patch 1.63, the walker and the playpen no longer function properly and cause the toddler to reset. This happens when the toddler uses one of the following interactions: Play with Abacus (playpen), Play with Mirror (playpen) or Play (Walker) and has already achieved the "maximum" skill level allowed for the object/interaction (Logic: 3, Charisma: 3, Handiness 2, respectively).
This mod will allow your toddlers to use the walker and playpen normally without any fear of resetting, even if they have reached the maximum skill level intended for the interaction.
Note: You MUST have the Head Start Playpen or the Local Motion Toddler Walker (or both) from the Sims 3 Store in order for this mod to work. It will NOT add the objects to your game.
UPDATE: 15 November 2013 - The skill meter now properly disappears when a sim has "maxed" the skill for an interaction. No more flashing skill meters. The walker and playpen will function exactly as they should, without any resets or skill meter flakiness.
This mod is compatible with patches 1.66 - 1.67.
- No Expansion packs required.
- Requires patch 1.63.
- This mod requires either the walker or the playpen, or both, from the Sims 3 Store to be installed in your game. You can use this mod whether you have only one object or both.
- Again, this mod will not add the walker or the playpen to your game. You must have already installed these objects for this mod to have any effect on your game.
- This mod may become obsolete if EA releases a patch that fixes the interactions on the playpen and walker.
- This is a pure script mod, and the chance of conflict with another mod is slim to none. However, this mod will conflict with any other script mod that replaces the Play with Abacus and Play with Mirror interactions on the Playpen, or the Play interaction on the Walker.
- This mod will not conflict with any tuning mods, and you can safely use this with any tuning mod for the playpen or walker (including scarletqueenkat's Not So/Even More Cheaty Playpen/Walker mod.)
There are no longer any known issues with this mod.
Please report any problems that you encounter with this mod.
- Place in your Mods\Packages folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (see Setting up Mods Framework)
- Delete the scriptcache.package in Documents\Electronics\The Sims 3
Thanks to twallan for pointing out the correct HideSkillMeter method This is easily accessed by a modder, but not so much for the store team.
Nona_WalkerPlayPenFix_V2 | (mirror)