[PC] Walker and Playpen Reset Workaround **OBSOLETE** Do Not Use by Nona Mena
THIS MOD IS NOW CONSIDERED OBSOLETE. This mod will no longer be supported, though you are free to continue using it if you like it so much.
GET THE FIX HERE: [PC] FIX for Walker and Playpen Reset Bug
This mod provides a workaround for the bug affecting the Walker and Playpen premium content objects from the Sims 3 Store. Since patch 1.63, the walker and the playpen no longer function properly and cause the toddler to reset. This happens when the toddler uses one of the following interactions: Play with Abacus (playpen), Play with Mirror (playpen) or Play (Walker) and has already achieved the "maximum" skill level allowed for the object/interaction (Logic: 3, Charisma: 3, Handiness 2, respectively).
This mod removes the skill gain from the following interactions: Play with Abacus (playpen, logic), Play with Mirror (playpen, charisma), Play (walker, handiness). This means your sims will no longer be able to gain any logic, charisma or handiness skill points from these objects. Your sim will still be able to learn to talk and learn to walk on their own, but if you want them to learn logic, charisma, or handiness, you'll need to use NRaas MasterController or another mod to assign the skill to them.
I did try to fix this problem with a script mod, and I even tried to fix the problem by unhiding the skills for toddlers in the Skill XMLs, but none of it worked. I know that this work around will remove some of the usefulness of the premium content, but at least your toddlers will be able to use their walkers and playpens without resetting.
Note: You MUST have the Head Start Playpen or the Local Motion Toddler Walker (or both) from the Sims 3 Store in order for this mod to work. It will NOT add the objects to your game.
- No Expansion packs required.
- Requires patch 1.63.
- This mod requires either the walker or the playpen, or both, from the Sims 3 Store to be installed in your game. You can use this mod whether you have only one object or both.
- Again, this mod will not add the walker or the playpen to your game. You must have already installed these objects for this mod to have any effect on your game.
- Due to its simplicity, this mod may not necessarily require an update after major patches. It’s always best to check in, though.
- This tuning mod will conflict with any other mod that alters the following ITUN resources in the GameplayData.package.
- This mod will conflict with scarletqueenkat's Not So/Even More Cheaty Playpen/Walker mod.
- If there are other "no cheaty" mods for these obejcts, they will conflict with this mod.
- If you are not sure if a mod will conflict with another, use Delphy’s Sims 3 Dashboard Tool to check.
Please report any problems that you encounter with this mod.
- Place in your Mods\Packages folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (see Setting up Mods Framework)
- Delete the scriptcache.package in Documents\Electronics\The Sims 3
Nona_PlaypenWalkerResetWorkaround | (mirror)