How to: Re-categorize, show in build/buy catalog, add to World Editor, etc. by Nona Mena
Have you ever wanted to make a hidden object show up in the catalog, or change the build/buy categories of a catalog? Maybe you wish a certain object would show up in the World Editor (Edit Town)? All of these mods require a special type of override: The OBJD override. OBJD overrides can accomplish many different goals:
- Re-categorize an object in Build/Buy mode
- Show the object in Build/Buy mod
- Change the object's price
- Show the object in the World Editor (Edit Town) & CAW
- Change the Energy/Comfort/Bladder etc. ratings that show in the catalog (these do not have an effect on the object and are only descriptive)
- Whether an object stays after evict
- Whether the hand tool can duplicate/move/delete an object
- Cut out tiles (i.e. Inge's Greenhouse Fix)
- and much more!
Making an OBJD override uses the same basic concept as XML tuning mods: Find the OBJD resource for an object, export it to a new package, alter the OBJD (but with the Grid editor), and put the new package in your mods folder. However, you'll need a few different steps to accomplish this.
To complete this tutorial, you will need:
- S3OC - Required to clone the object to get the OBJD resource.
- S3PE - You will use this to create the OBJD override and alter the OBJD resource.
- Mods Framework for your game
As usual, I do recommend the test versions of both S3PE and S3OC.