Lunar Lakes missing EP rabbit holes by Darkitow New Lunar Lakes-style rabbit holes for your Sci-fi world
As anybody who has tried Lunar Lakes might know, this world is awesome but for a single detail: it has only basegame sci-fi themed rabbit holes, which means that we don't have any of the new rabbit holes indroduced in following expansions or the Store. For those like me who want to bring this amazing world up to date, or to use for your sci-fi themed worlds I've created the missing ones. =)
- Needless to say, to use these rabbit holes you need to have installed the proper expansion pack for each, which would be:
- Science lab (Base game)
- Film Studio (Late Night)
- Subway (Late Night)
- Equestrian Centre (Pets)
- Arboretum (Supernatural)
- Gypsy Caravan (Supernatural)
- Vault of Antiquity (Supernatural)
- Skydiving Centre (Store)
I've also included the Science lab as a request, since Lunar Lakes' lab is that huge crashed spaceship so here's an alternative.
- These objects were built with patch 1.39, and due to their simplicity they probably won't need any further updates. Anyways, stay tuned for any possible change, just in case.
- These rabbitholes are NOT replacements, so they shouldn't conflict with any of the existing rabbitholes or mods that I know of.
Most of these rabbit holes should work without problems, as the original ones didn't have any function other than letting the sims in. However, there are two of them, the equestrian centre and the film studio, that proved a bit challenging due to their unique features, the first allowing horses in and the later having a movie prop spawning automatically near the building.
- In case of the equestrian centre, you might notice an odd behavior when using the interaction "buy horse": after you've purchased the animal and your sim is exiting the portal, he/she will ride the horse trying to walk behind the portal, and this action can't be cancelled until your horse stumbles upon the back of the portal and does a "blocked path" animation. This happens because the original equestrian centre makes you exit the building from behind when you buy horses, and can't me modified easily in the .package files. I might look into this issue in the future, but I don't consider it problematic at all as the interaction to buy the horse works fine, it's just a bit annoying to wait 10 seconds for your horse to walk a bit till it stumbles upon the building.
- For the film studio, I dealt with the movie prop by shrinking it to ant size and putting it inside of the portal mesh, so it shouldn't even be visible. For some reasons in early tests my sim would complain that the prop was blocking her path inside the building, but after some tweaks I made it work. In any case, if this happens to any of you just notify it to me and I'll see what can be done.
If there's any problem with these mods please report them. =)
Vault of Antiquity
Place these files in your Mods/Packages folder. They should show up in the Build Mode catalog in the Community Lot objects section.
Note: I've taken free license to name the rabbit holes with sci-fi themed names, both in english and spanish. If somebody wants to share the names in any other language so that I might add them to the files feel free to do so. Also, please remind me in case I've forgotten any rabbit hole, so I can look into it.